ICTSD (International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development)
Internship: Production of News and Analysis
We are currently reviewing candidates to provide support to the publication team working on African (Caribbean and Pacific) trade issues in French and in English: TNI/Eclairage and Passerelles
Successful candidates will have a compelling combination of the following:
Strong academic background preferably in international relations, trade or development or related fields
Good writing skills in French and in English
Social network and web skills
Proven capacity to conduct research
International exposure is a plus
- Writing, editing and publishing of periodicals.
- Serving as a focal point for information gathering and dissemination within ICTSD.
- Researching and interviewing sources.
- Develop topics for the publication / prospective analysis
- Developing both substantive and technical aspects of the publication
- Conducting researches on trade issues related to ACP countries / LDCs from a sustainable development perspective
- Attending conferences at the WTO and the UN
- Overseeing the translation of articles into French and/or English
- Managing and updating Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn portals.
- Experience with HTML editing (Dreamweaver), website design and a general aptitude for e-publishing software
- Managing publication performance, outreach and audience targets to ensure maximum impact.
- Contributing to donor reports as necessary..
Candidate must be fluent in French and English
Commitment 50%-100% for a duration of 3-6 months.
Stipend CHF 600 per month + transport subsidy.